Sony Xperia SL headed to Malaysia
By Loh Ving Sung GooglePlus
23 August 2012 - Sony officially announced that it will be bringing in the successor of the Xperia S – the SL, to Malaysia. The Xperia SL was first spotted on Monday on Sony Mobile's official website. However, Sony is keeping mum about its availability and pricing for now.
Sony is bumping up the 1.7GHz dual-core processor from a 1.5GHz processor on the Xperia S, and you’ll get Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on the Xperia SL, instead of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). And Sony is introducing two more colour choices.
Other features are similar to the predecessor, a 12.1-megapixel Exmor R rear-facing camera, and a 4.3-inch 720p Bravia display. There is also Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to use with Sony’s SmartTags.
- 4.3 inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine with HD resolution screen, as well as front (720p) and back (1080p) cameras for HD recording
- HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and BRAVIA Sync
- 32GB flash storage and 1.7GHz dual core processor
- 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor R for mobile with fast capture to go from sleep to snap in just over a second
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled access to Xperia SmartTags
- PlayStation Certified
Related Stories :