Tips and Tricks: How to install Jelly Bean keyboard on your Android 4.0 device
by Lim Pei Hao
12 August 2012 – Eyeing on the new Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) keyboard but you found yourself stuck at Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or earlier version of Android? Fear not, as we will show you how to install the Jelly Bean keyboard in this step-by-step guide.
1. First stop, head to the Google Play store and download Jelly Bean keyboard by VLLWP or hit the link here (file size is about 6MB)
2. Go to Settings> Language and keyboard
3. Check the box beside the Jelly Bean keyboard and click OK on the warning when it pops up
4. Tap on Select input method
5. Choose Jelly Bean keyboard from the pop-up list
6. Start using the new keyboard by tapping on any text input
Note: The Jelly Bean keyboard works on Android version 1.6 (Donut) and above.
The Jelly Bean keyboard brings in text prediction on a stock keyboard, similar to the experience of a SwiftKey third party keyboard. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to use the latest stock keyboard without the need of rooting or installing Custom ROM in your devices.