iPhone Tips and Tricks: iOS 5 AE/AF lock
By Jonathan Cheah
05 December 2011 - Wondering how to use iOS 5‘s new AE/AF lock to stop your iPhone’s auto-focus from wrecking your perfectly set up shot? Fret no more! With iOS 5, locking exposure and focus couldn’t be easier, and after applying the lock, you can even recompose your shot without the camera kicking in the auto-focus.
- Launch the Camera app and get your subject in the frame.
- Tap the object/person you want to focus on and hold your finger on the screen for a few seconds.
- Release your finger after the blue focus square pulsates.
- The square will disappear and AE/AF Lock will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Perfect your composure and snap the photo!
Here's a video on how:
Read more about Apple iPhone 4S :