BlackBerry App World launches in Malaysia
Customers can now download BlackBerry App World directly to their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld or mobile.blackberry.com. BlackBerry App World can be conveniently accessed over both Wi-Fi® and mobile phone networks in Malaysia and it automatically presents customers with the relevant catalog of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.
“BlackBerry App World makes it very easy for customers to discover and download applications for their BlackBerry smartphone. We are very pleased to offer this enhanced experience to our customers in Malaysia,” said Gregory Wade, Managing Director, Southeast Asia, Research In Motion.
Key Current Features:
- Front Page Carousel - BlackBerry App World showcases several applications on its front page carousel, making it easy for users to browse through a select number of featured applications. Featured applications vary from time to time, helping users discover new applications.
- Top Downloads – The “Top Downloads” area on BlackBerry App World lists applications that are the most downloaded.
- Categories – BlackBerry App World features a variety of application categories, including entertainment, IM and social networking, news, weather, productivity and more.
- Search/Filter – BlackBerry App World includes a keyword search with filtering capabilities.
- Reviews – Applications on BlackBerry App World can be reviewed by users and those reviews are reflected in star ratings. Users can easily access and read reviews, see screenshots and read a description of each application before they download it.
- Recommend – BlackBerry App World users can recommend applications to other people through email, PIN, SMS message or BlackBerry® Messenger.
- Application Storage – BlackBerry App World includes a folder called My World, which keeps track of applications the user has downloaded. It is a personal storage space that allows users to uninstall and re-install applications.
- Application Archiving: users can archive applications to a microSD card or built-in storage memory on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Update Notifications: Users are notified of updates to applications they’ve downloaded on BlackBerry App World.
- BlackBerry App World is also accessible from a user's desktop computer at www.blackberry.com/appworld.
BlackBerry Messenger; Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones; Flickr for BlackBerry Smartphones; Bloomberg Mobile; Flixster; Chum Radio; Kaglom; Three Squared Demo; WorldMate Live: Travel Like a Pro; and Goal.com.
*BlackBerry App World is available for BlackBerry smartphones that include a trackball, trackpad or touch-screen running BlackBerry OS 4.2 or higher. Users require an active BlackBerry data service plan to access BlackBerry App World. Data charges may apply for customers that have limited data plans.